XLRI Registration 2014 - FAQ's
- When does the Registration for XLRI 2014 Start?
What is the last date for receiving XLRI Registration Confirmation Page at XLRI ?
- Registration for XLRI 2014 starts on 2 Sep 2013 and ends on 21 Dec 2013.
What is the eligibility criteria for registering for XLRI programme (s)?
- Last date is 26th December 2013.
I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI ?
- A bachelors degree under 10+2+3 system from a recognized university or a deemed university.
I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to register for XLRI?
- Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI .
How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
- Yes, you are eligible for admission to XLRI. You need to complete your final year examination by June 10, 2014.
Is X Board or XII Board scores used in the preparation of XLRI's merit list?
- XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates' academic
competence will be evaluated holistically by XLRI based on candidates' performance in interview, group dscussion and XAT written test.
By registering for XAT, am I automatically registered for XLRI ?
- No. Please refer to point 6
What are the XLRI registration charges?
- No, the XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI and more than 110 other institutes. However if you are interested in XLRI , you need to register separately.
I have lost the XLRI pay-in-slip which was stamped by IDBI bank.
For General candidates - Rs. 1050/- for one programme. Rs. 1650/- for two programmes, Rs. 1850/- for three programmes,
Rs. 2050/- for four Programmes and Rs. 2250/- for five programmes.
For SC/ST candidates - Rs. 750/- for one programme, Rs. 1200/- for two programmes, Rs. 1400/- for three programmes, Rs. 1600/- for Four Programmes
and Rs. 1800/- for five programmes.
Candidate should submit the SC/ST certificate with the confirmation page to XLRI.
How to download XLRI Pay-in-slip ?
- Go to the IDBI Bank Branch where you paid the XLRI charges with a copy of the XLRI printable page and request them to give you a photocopy of the pay-in-slip and put COPY along with bank's original seal and signature on it.
How can I download the XLRI REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE ?
- You can log in to www.xlri.edu with your XAT ID/Password and take a reprint of the XLRI Pay-in-slip.
For applying to XLRI, do we need to take the SC/ST certificate to IDBI Bank?
- You can log in to www.xlri.edu with your XAT ID/Password and take a print of the Confirmation Page and send it to XLRI Office by 26th December 2013.
For applying to XLRI, what other documents are required to be sent to XLRI?
- No, this is not required. However, you need to submit this along with the XLRI REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE.
Do I need to send my photograph along with the XLRI Registration Page?
- You need to submit photo copies of your 10th, 12th, graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate
(for SC/ST candidates only) through courier/registered post/speed post in an appropriate envelope to reach the Admission Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
Jamshedpur-831001 on or before 26th December 2013 along with the XLRI REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE. Please ensure that you put your signature on the
I am not in the country for the XLRI interview because of my current job / personal reason. What should i do?
- No, this is not required.
I have registered for XLRI 2014 by making an online payment through credit card. Unfortunately after the payment I am unable to view the final confirmation and the system was not able to give the reference No. & a message is displayed as "PAGE EXPIRED", although the bank has confirmed the debit.
- The XLRI interviews for the candidates who are out of India and cannot be present physically would be carried out in on-line mode via internet.
I am havin problem making payment through the Online Payment Mode. What should I do?
- This could be a temporary problem and will get resolved by 1pm the next day. Please login and check after 1pm the next day and then send a mail to email@example.com only if you are still not able to view the final confirmation page. Please do not attempt to make a second payment immediately.
I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
- Any Internet payment is subject to system/network problems. Candidates, if they can, should preferably use the cash mode for registration. XLRI would not be responsbile for any delay in registration and receiving of documents.
I have forgotten my XAT password, could you help!
- Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your XAT ID, date of payment and the credit/debit card details (first six & last 3 digits and card expiry date).
When can I check & confirm if XLRI Office has received my XLRI confirmation page?
- Please go to the XAT Log in page and click on 'Forgot Password'
I have sent the XLRI Confirmation Page through courier/speed post and have been informed that my envelope has been delivered but I do not see a confirmation receipt after logging in.
- XLRI office on receipt of the XLRI Registration Confirmation Page will after verifying from the bank, update on a first come first served basis. Candidates have to log in through their XAT id to check if their form has been received or not.
I have completed my XLRI registration and also paid the charges and sent the XLRI Confirmation Page. But, I now need to increase the number of course options. How do I go about it?
- It could take a few days for XLRI Office to verify the documents and update. Kindly log in after a few days.
I have opted for GMP and BM courses (and have also paid the charges) and now realize that I am not eligible for GMP as I do not have five years of work experience. What do I do?
- If at this stage you want to increase the course options you would need to pay the difference amount by way of a demand draft in favour of 'XLRI Jamshedpur' payable at Jamshedpur along with a written application duly signed, and a photocopy of the bank payment proof/ online confirmation page of the first payment already made. This will have to be sent to XLRI Office. Cash /Online mode payment for the additional amount in not possible.
- If you have opted for GMP and BM, and later realize that you are not eligible for GMP, you can opt for HRM. To change your options, please write an application, sign it and scan it and then send the scanned letter through email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org